You have worked hard, made sacrifices, put in the sweat, blood and tears, now it’s time for a change. Whether you are farmer or in business the questions will likely be the same.
How do I sell the business (or farm)?
Who do I sell to?
How much is my business worth?
My family wants to take over, how do I provide for myself?
At Carrick Aland we can assist you to answer these questions and assist you to get the best outcome for you and your business. There is no one way to approach succession issues in your business, but generally if will involve:
- Sitting down with you and discussing the issues to find out what your desires and needs are,
- We will then quantify those needs – what money will you need?
- Assess the current situation – farm/business/investments
- Value the business if necessary
- Identify gaps between what you have and what you need and identify things that you can do to close the gap
- Assess that taxation implications
- Assist with financial planning options
- Formulate a plan
- Implement the plan
- Review progress
Over the years we have assisted many people to sell their business and farm and provide for a retirement that they wanted. We can assist you to do the same.