If independent living becomes impractical in the later years of life, perhaps due to deteriorating health and mobility, moving to an assisted aged care facility may be the most practical option. Deciding to move into aged care, be it for yourself or a loved one, can be a confusing time with a lot of complex decisions to be made to ensure best possible care and peace of mind.
Does this sound like you?
As you’ve gotten older you’ve begun to find it more and more difficult to live in the family home. You’re finding it hard to maintain a large house, or perhaps declining mobility has made it difficult to navigate stairs. You’ve thought about moving into aged care accommodation, but there are so many decisions to be made.
The scope of issues that need to be dealt with when considering a move into aged care are numerous and can be daunting. Our advisers can help you navigate the complexities of the aged care system, including:
- Determining your eligibility to move into an aged care facility
- Deciding what type of accommodation will best suit your needs
- Initial and ongoing accommodation and care costs.
We can supply comprehensive aged care advice to suit your unique situation and accommodation requirements, giving you the benefit of:
- A thorough assessment of your personal situation so that well-informed decisions can be made
- Expert advice on structuring of investments for Centrelink and tax effectiveness
- Coordination of any additional specialist advice that may be required from legal or taxation professionals
- Peace of mind that comes from knowing all aspects of your situation have been carefully considered