- Extraordinary disaster assistance recovery grants of up to $50,000, as well as low-interest loans of up to $250,000, are now available for eligible primary producers after the floods that hit Central, Southern and Western Queensland in November and December 2021
- Freight subsidies of up to $5,000 are also available to help producers overcome difficulties and send their crops and stock to market.
Assistance has also been extended to North Burnett, Gympie and Bundaberg to assist local councils and state agencies with the costs of clean-up and damage repairs associated with the floods.
The extension of the DRFA is in addition to the disaster assistance already available in Balonne, Banana, Barcaldine, Barcoo, Blackall-Tambo, Boulia, Bundaberg, Central Highlands, Diamantina, Goondiwindi, Flinders, Lockyer Valley, Longreach, Maranoa, Murweh, Scenic Rim, South Burnett, Southern Downs, Toowoomba and Western Downs as a result of the Central, Southern & Western Qld Rainfall & Flooding, 10 November to 3 December 2021 event.
For more information on assistance available to primary producers and small businesses, contact Carrick Aland on 07 4669 9800.
- QRIDA Special Disaster Assistance Recovery Grants https://www.qrida.qld.gov.au/program/special-disaster-assistance-recovery-grants-central-southern-and-western-qld-producers
- For information on freight subsidies, contact the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries at www.daf.qld.gov.au or phone the DAF Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23.
- Information on disaster assistance can be found on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website at www.disasterassist.gov.au and the QRA’s website at www.qra.qld.gov.au