Sustainability Loans for primary producers
Sustainability Loans can help you to invest in the latest infrastructure to create a viable future for your farming business including activities that improve farming system sustainability, natural resource sustainability and financial sustainability.
What can the loan be used for?
You can use a Sustainability Loan to:
- upgrade, expand or diversify your current operation to improve productivity and long-term profitability, create jobs and boost private sector investment
- undertake drought preparedness activities and invest in infrastructure that improves drought and disaster preparedness
- improve irrigation and establish additional water points to improve efficiency
- purchase capital equipment to meet environmental and climatic challenges, including predator fencing and renewable energy, measures to improve outcomes for the Great Barrier Reef and measures which could reduce net carbon emissions
- invest in biosecurity measures
- implement value-adding or supply chain initiatives.
Loan assessment and security
QRIDA will assess applications for the 2021-22 round of funding in the date order they are received complete up to 30 June 2022 or until available scheme funding is fully committed.
Security must be provided commensurate with the amount of the loan. For most loans, a mortgage over land provides adequate loan security. In some instances, loan security may also include other business assets such as water and livestock.
QRIDA may consider joint lending options with your bank or other commercial lenders.
When assessing your loan application, QRIDA always discusses this with you and your commercial lender.