Self-managed super fund quarterly statistics highlight continued post-COVID recovery
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) publishes quarterly statistical reports for the self-managed super fund (SMSF) market.
This report is developed considering valuable feedback from the superannuation industry.
The March 2021 report is now available:
The information in this report includes:
- SMSF population and asset allocation tables
- population of SMSFs and members
- asset allocation (break up of assets into various classes)
- Annual SMSF population analysis tables
- asset allocation by asset value of the fund
- membership sizes (SMSFs with one, two, three or four members)
- fund demographics (state break-up of SMSFs, members and assets)
- member demographics (age, gender and income of members)
- total asset ranges (distribution of SMSFs by the asset size of SMSFs and the assets held)
- average and median assets (per member and per SMSF)
- flow of funds (contributions, transfers, benefits and expenses)
- SMSF quarterly establishment tables
- new funds by state / territory
- age and gender of new members
- income range of new members
Interestingly, the March 2021 quarterly statistical report has revealed the total number of SMSFs will soon hit 600,000, with consistent growth seen across establishments and assets as the industry heads into a post-COVID recovery economy.
At Intuitive Super our goal is to ensure that your self-managed superannuation is working to achieve your goals. Read more at carrickaland.com.au/smsf or call our team on 1300 856 064.