Market diversification and resilience grants
Business Queensland is providing assistance for businesses impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak through the Market Diversification and Resilience Grants (MDRG) program.
The MDRG program will benefit Queensland agriculture, food and fishing exporters and their critical supply chain partners, as well as industry organisations working with exporters to build resilience by diversifying into new markets (international or interstate).
The program has 2 components:
- equipment purchases
Equipment purchase grants of up to $7,500 (excluding GST) are available to support new equipment purchases up to a maximum cost of $10,000 (excluding GST).
Applicants must contribute 25% of the total cost of the new equipment. The MDRG program will provide the remaining 75% of total costs. For example, if the total equipment cost is $10,000 (excluding GST), the applicant will pay $2,500 and the MDRG program will pay $7,500 (excluding GST).
Examples of eligible equipment purchases include, but are not limited to:
- vacuum packaging machines
- storage equipment
- filleting machines.
Read the equipment purchase grant terms and conditions and guidelines.
Download the equipment purchase grant application form.
Applications for equipment purchase grants will be assessed on an ongoing basis from Thursday 12 March. Successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible.
Project grants of up to $50,000 (excluding GST) will be available to support project activities including, but not limited to:
- market evaluation studies
- market visits
- staff training
- new equipment such as refrigeration
- boat modifications necessary to meet market requirements.
Applicants must co-invest 50% of the total cost of their project activities or equipment purchases and should provide evidence of their contributions both in-kind (e.g. reasonable salary costs for key personnel, freight costs) and cash. Cash contributions must be at least 25% of total project costs.